Kheiron Medical Technologies recognises that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points.
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood by all staff, including incorporating the policy into our onboarding process.
We will maintain a publicly available environmental policy that is available either on request or on our website.
Specifically, we remain committed to reducing our impact upon the environment in the following ways:
Paper and Waste
- Minimise the use of paper in the office.
- Have a scrap paper tray to encourage reuse of paper.
- Reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- Printing of material is discouraged by effective storage and sharing of information electronically via electronic document repositories and the use of email, slack and confluence.
- Coffee facilities are provided in the office to reduce the number of single use coffee cups that staff would use if regularly buying takeaway coffees.
- Not using coffee machines in the office which require pods to reduce single-use plastic.
- Separately recycle coffee grounds, compostable waste, paper, printer cartridges, batteries and other recyclable materials.
- Use a specialist environmental waste management company who use eco-vehicles and send zero waste to landfill.
- Dispose of batteries in a specialist recycling bin to prevent them leaking harmful chemicals into the ground which can cause soil and water pollution, harming animals, humans and the environment.
Energy and Water
- Seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Lights work on a motion sensor and automatically turn off when motion is not detected for a period of time.
- All lighting is low-energy LED.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- Work with an environmentally responsible data centre - 4D.
- Our electricity provider provides energy only from renewable sources.
- Our office building has an eco-friendly biodiverse roof and living wall courtyard.
- Provide water dispensers in the office as well as reusable water bottles to reduce the use and purchase of plastic bottles/cups.
- Our office is a new build so our insulation meets the current required standards meaning that our heating is energy efficient.
- Offer the cycle to work scheme to encourage staff to cycle to/from work.
- Provide bike storage, changing rooms and showers to encourage staff to walk/run/cycle to work.
- Encourage flexible working where possible to give employees the option to work from home, which reduces their carbon emissions produced by travelling to work.
- Reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- Promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- Discourage the use of private cars or taxis for business and commuting use by:
- Having a transport expenses policy which discourages the use of private taxis and encourages the use of public transport in all locations.
- Including in our office location decision making framework public transportation access and cycle parking facilities.
- Offering flexible working hours to allow for off-peak public transportation usage.
- Before making a purchase, evaluating if the need can be met in another way.
- Before making a purchase, evaluating if leasing/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- Before making a purchase, evaluating the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- Favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- Reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- Maintain laptops to a good standard to ensure they can be reused until the end of their lifecycle.
This policy will be reviewed annually by our management team and where necessary, updates will be made to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and organisational priorities.
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Title: Chief Technology Officer & General Manager